COMPUTER & NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR with XIM, Inc. (400 Beale Street, Suite 103, San Francisco, CA 94105)
JOB LOCATION: 300 Santana Row, Third & Fourth Floor, San Jose, CA 95128.
- Research, test, evaluate and make recommendations regarding network hardware and software
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency using combination of tools, including Microsoft SCCM, Solar winds and Packet Analyzer
- Install, maintain and upgrade all network/computer hardware equipment
- Test new hardware and software applications
- Configure, install and add new hosts, including Citrix desktops, Dialysis Machines, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets, Wireless Access, Video Conferencing Codecs, and Network printers
- Configure and route network traffic and maintain devices
- Configure and set up File servers, Web servers, and Virtual machines on the network
- Identify areas of operation for new sites which need upgraded equipment, such as network gear, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires
- Monitor network activity and usage to ensure data security using tools such as VNC Server, Remote Desktop and other performance monitoring software
- Design and establish network topology for new sites by conferring with third party vendors like Cisco
- Analyze network hardware and software issues in a timely manner and provide end-user training where required
- Meet with senior staff to deploy and manage corporate LAN infrastructure, voice and data networks
- Install releases and updates for software and OS
- Resolve escalations in a timely manner to resolve various systems, network and application issues with end users
- Create account access and network access privileges for staff
- Evaluate and test Spin Suite applications for in-house QA and developers
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of new and existing products and write KB articles for clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, IT or related field of study, or equivalent* + 2 years of related professional experience.
- *The company will accept any combination of education, training and work experience deemed equivalent (by a professional credential evaluator) to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, IT or related field of study.
- Position also requires:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of theoretical and conceptual networking and database concepts such as TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, NFS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, SSL, VPN, IIS/SMS, MS SQL, Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Sound customer skills are also required.
- Position reports to job site in San Jose and may involve travel to various client sites in the Bay Area.
- Some telecommuting is permitted.
- Position may involve both day and night shifts.